We act for professional partnerships including limited liability partnerships (LLPs), solicitors, accountants, architects, brokers and other privately owned businesses.
We are routinely ranked as leaders in this area of law in both the major independent directories, Chambers UK and The Legal 500.
We focus on partnership disputes, dealing with outgoing partners and team moves, mergers and dissolutions, as well as mediation, arbitration and court proceedings.
Our expertise covers:
- Retirement, expulsion and dissolution
- Acting for partner teams on team moves
- Partnership disputes including acting for professional partnerships (solicitors, accountants, financial services businesses, doctors, dentists), property and farming enterprises and disputes within Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs), Partnership and LLP agreements
- Enforcing and resisting restrictive covenants
- Advising partnership management on constitutional and management issues and procedures
- Advising classes of partners in large LLPs
- Negotiating departures of senior partners for both individuals and firms including large legal and financial services businesses
- Advising on partner duties and liabilities